Effective Date: July 29, 2017
Last Updated Date: August 2, 2017
Information We Collect
Information submitted by you when you create an account, such as your email address.
Information when you purchase a subscription to OurStory such as your payment information, mailing address, and telephone number.
We and our service providers may also collect information from you as you use our Services, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to help ensure that the Services function properly.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practices and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated information does not identify you or any other user of the Services.
How We Use Information
We use these types of information in the following ways: 1) To provide you with access to OurStory and any features or services you might request (e.g., membership subscription); 2) To send you updates about OurStory (including any updates on product features or policies); 3) To communicate with you about your account; 4) To investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and/or 5) For gathering anonymous aggregate information from all our users to improve the content and services offered through OurStory.
How We Share Information
Your information may be disclosed:
- To our service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose information that does not identify or otherwise directly relate to an individual for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. For example, we may share aggregated information publicly to demonstrate growth trends related to the usage of the OurStory in certain areas.
Your Access Rights
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address in the “Contact Us” section below.
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We do not collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Any child under the age of 13 using OurStory must do so with permission from a parent. All full names, email addresses, and credit card billing information must be from a parent or guardian. We encourage parents to take an active role in their children’s activities and interests on their devices. We do not use or disclose this information for any other purposes except to provide you with quality service. Any data that is shared is done so on an anonymous, aggregate basis among all users.
Third Party Services
While we use reasonable procedural and digital security measures to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of information and data collected, we cannot guarantee that information will be absolutely safe from intrusion during transmission, while stored on our systems, or when otherwise in our care. Except as expressly required by applicable statute or regulation, we will have no liability for disclosure of your personal information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If you have reason to believe the security of your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us via the email address in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you would like to contact us with questions or feedback, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.